Autotech Certification Completions at All Time High

(Photo credits: Ryan Arnold)

Autotech students completed their industry certification exams for the semester. All of the Automotive classes took this test and 44 students passed at least one new exam, 16 of those earned their first certification ever. For the first time, Automotive has 167 current student certifications, which is the most ever held at one time.

On Nov. 29-30, the automotive students took their exams in the new lecture hall. These exams give the students ASE certifications, in many different levels and groups in Autotech.

Sophomore Alexander Dominguez just got his first certification in maintenance and light repair, with only one chance to take these exams per semester there are a total of ten certificates someone could achieve. “It’s really hard to get all ten,” Dominguez said. “I only know one guy who got them, he’s wicked smart.”

The exam format is multiple-choice. Preparing for these tests is also similar to a STAAR test, using lots of reviews.

“I’m not a big reviewer, but I did go over scenarios and check disputes between technicians to see if I’m doing everything right,” Dominguez said.

With Autotech being like one big family the students are constantly inspired to work hard to complete their goals.

“It feels pretty good to have this many people with certificates,” Dominguez said. “I didn’t even know honestly we had that many. If you ever think about joining auto you should, you’ll learn, and it’s so fun.”

“The auto community is so awesome, it’s always fun, and everyone can just be themselves.” Sophomore Alexander Dominguez after winning his certification for maintenance and light repair. (Photo credits: Ryan Arnold)