2024 Holidays and Events Timeline

2024 Timeline. All the Dates You Need to Know for 2024.

U.S. Major Events and Holidays in 2024

Leap Year
Thursday, Feb. 29, 2024
A Leap Year means there will be an extra day included in February this year. The Leap Year happens every four years in order to prevent changes to the seasonal year.

Total Solar Eclipse
Monday, Apr. 8, 2024
The Total Solar Eclipse is when the Moon will completely cover the Sun. The Total Solar Eclipse will be visible from North America. The next time the solar eclipse will be visible in the United States will be in 2044.

Summer Olympics
Jul. 26 – Aug. 11, 2024
The Summer Olympics will take place in Paris, France. The last time Paris hosted the Summer Olympics was in 1924. The Opening Ceremony will be on Jul. 26, 2024. Following the Summer Olympics the Paralympics will start on Aug. 28, 2024.

Presidential Election
Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2024
Super Tuesday, the date when most states will be holding primary elections, will take place on Tuesday, Mar. 5.

Federal Holiday Dates

New Years Day
Monday, Jan. 1

Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday, Jan. 15

Presidents’ Day
Monday, Feb. 19

Memorial Day
Monday, May 27

Juneteenth
Wednesday, Jun. 19

Independence Day
Thursday, Jul. 4

Labor Day
Monday, Sep. 2

Columbus Day
Monday, Oct. 14

Veterans Day
Monday, Nov. 11

Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, Nov. 28

Christmas Day
Wednesday, Dec. 25

2024 Life & Arts Timeline

The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard Documentary
Started Jan. 5, 2024
Following her release from prison on Dec. 28, 2023, a new series of six episodes debuted on Lifetime. The show features interviews with Blanchard detailing her life as a victim of Munchausen Syndrome by proxy and the murder of her mother.

Ariana Grande’s seventh album and leading singles coming out
Leading single: Jan. 12, 2024 and Album: TBD in 2024
Although the album is currently unnamed and the release date is unknown as of now, the leading single is ready for the public. “Yes, and” is set to come out at 7 a.m. pst on Friday, Jan. 12 and Grande has released a sneak peak of the music video for the single.

Mean Girls Musical Movie
Jan. 12, 2024
After a successful run on Broadway, Mean Girls: the Musical, is making its way to theaters in a movie adaptation by Tina Fey. The movie features some familiar faces such as Regina George in the Musical itself, Renee Rapp who takes on the role again on the big screen and Christopher Briney of “The Summer I Turned Pretty” and Tina Fey herself.

Usher releasing New Album and performing in Super Bowl Halftime Show
Feb. 9 and Feb. 11, 2024
After nearly eight years since his last solo album came out, Usher is releasing a new album titled ‘Coming Home’. Just two days after, he will perform in the XLVIII Super Bowl Halftime show in Las Vegas, NV. This will be his second time performing in the Halftime show as he performed alongside the Black Eyed Peas in 2011.

Olivia Rodrigo Guts tour
Feb. 23, – Aug. 17, 2024
Following the release of her sophomore album “GUTS” in Sep. of 2023, Rodrigo will tour from North America to Europe. The tour consists of 77 shows, starting in Palm Springs, California and ending in Inglewood, California.

Emily Henry’s New Book
Apr. 23, 2024
With very popular releases such as “Beach Read ” and “Book Lovers,” Henry’s new book, “Funny Story” is highly anticipated by Goodreads and Tiktok users. The book follows Daphne, whose fiance leaves her for another woman named Petra, as she starts a new chapter in her life. Now in need of somewhere to live, Daphne finds Miles, the now ex-boyfriend of Petra, and the two become roommates and maybe even more…

Season 3 of Bridgerton comes out on Netflix
Thursday, May 16, 2024 and Thursday, Jun. 13, 2024
With each season focusing on a sibling of the Bridgerton family (season 1 focusing on Daphne and season 2 on Anthony) season 3 will focus on Colin. The season will have eight episodes in total. The first four episodes will drop on May 16 and the last four will drop on Jun. 13.

Disney Pixar’s Inside Out 2
Jun. 14, 2024
Along with the emotions from the first movie, Anger, Joy, Sadness, Disgust and Fear, a new emotion, Anxiety shows up in this sequel. The new emotion disrupts both the original emotions and Riley’s life as a new 13-year-old.

Big 10 Sports Conference Additions
Starts in the 2024-2025 season
While currently sitting at 13 teams, the conference will add four more, putting them at 18 total. The teams that will be joining the conference this year are the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), University of Southern California (USC), University of Oregon and the University of Washington.

Outer Banks season 4
TBD
Following three successful seasons about friendship and treasure hunting, season 4 will contain a time jump and a new adventure. The season should come out mid-year but the date is still unknown.

Summer I Turned Pretty season 3
TBD
Amazon Prime’s hit show based on Jenny Han’s book series was renewed for a third season in August 2023, just two months after the second season was released. Considering that there are three books in the series and that the first two seasons of the show have followed their respective books, it is possible that season three could be the end of the show however, this is currently unknown. Due to delays, the season will start filming in the spring and will therefore not be released in the summer as usual but will be released sometime after.