8th-Grade Elective Night

McNeil High School is getting ready for 8th-grade students and their families to participate in the 8th-grade Elective Night scheduled for Jan. 25 at 6 p.m. This event promises for students to be prepared for what upcoming freshmen will choose for electives next year, showcasing the different electives available to incoming freshmen.

Doors will be open from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and from there, families will be able to explore various elective classrooms and meet the teachers their kids may end up being taught by. From arts and music to STEM and humanities, McNeil High School offers a wide variety of courses designed to cater to the different interests of each unique student.

Student Hrithvik Vuppala (9) is not a 8th-grader but is still going to attend the event.

“I think the Elective Night will be useful to 8th-graders who aren’t sure of what to choose,” Vuppala said. “It will show a lot of opportunity and find out what they’re interested in.”

Presentations will be sprinkled throughout the evening to provide a more detailed overview of each elective, including live demonstrations, interactive displays and more. Parents and students will be able to ask questions, ensuring that they have a near-perfect understanding of the electives they may end up taking this upcoming school year.

This year, McNeil High School aims to make Elective Night more engaging, with hands-on activities. For example, they will be cooking sausages and taking a tour of the autoshop. There will be a vibrant atmosphere that shows the school’s commitment to creating a supportive environment in the school.

All upcoming freshmen are invited to explore all the different electives offered at McNeil and start shaping their academic adventures through the unique learning experiences that are offered.