Mav Tennis Continues Season in Pflugerville

Junior Pooshan Shah with his second place trophy from the Pflugerville tournament.
Image by Pflugerville Tennis

The tennis team headed to Pflugerville Feb. 1 to compete in the Panther Invitational, which hosted 32 teams from all over Central Texas. After leaving Georgetown with neutral results, the team was ready to achieve more in Pflugerville.

By far one of the best performances of the tournament was by junior Pooshan Shah in the “B” boys singles draw. After cruising to the finals, Shah lost in two competitive sets to Rouse.

Another great result for the Mavs came from freshman Jack Cohen in the “A” boys singles draw, who lost in the semifinals to another solid Rouse player.

The tournament went particularly well for the girls’ doubles teams. Senior Cindy Wu and sophomore Julie Pham made it to the semifinals in the “B” draw while sophomore Serena Wu and junior Olivia Li made it to the semifinals in the “A” draw.

Lastly, seniors Dallas Sareerat and Jared Hahne won the consolation bracket in “A” mixed doubles after losing a close first round to Lake Travis.

The Mavs will head to San Antonio on Feb. 15 for their annual overnight trip and will compete against teams from all over the state.