Seniors VS. Juniors Powder Puff 2024

Photo Courtesy of @themcenilmavranch on Instagram

The McNeil Powder Puff Game is on May 3, 2024, It will be at the McNeil Field at 5:30 p.m. with free entries. Powder Puff is when the senior and junior girls compete in a game of two-hand touch football. 

Powder Puff began in the 1940s when men were drafted into the war and women began competing in football games to fill in. The tradition carried on and now high schools play annually. 

The girls have been getting ready for the game with many practices and with the help of their coaches being boys on the football team. Both teams feel confident that they have a great chance of winning. 

“I feel super prepared,” junior Searen Magaha said. “The practices are really fun but they are also effective, we actually do a lot of stuff instead of just goofing off.” 

Not only have the practices been effective for working on the girl’s football skills but Magaha has enjoyed bonding with her teammates through the Powder Puff experience. 

“I have gained so many new relationships and friendships,” Magaha said. “I have become friends with all of the coaches and other people in my grade that I never talked to before” 

Despite the fact that the juniors are extremely confident with the way they will perform at the game, senior Ruby Garrett believes that the hard work her and her teammates have been putting in to the practices will pay off. 

“The practices have helped the team come together,” Garrett said. “I feel like we are going to win, we are going to win.”