Boys’ Soccer Continues to Hold Successful Reputation

Image by Faith Robbins
Team captain senior Sam Carlson steals the ball away from a Pflugerville defender.

With a huge reputation to live up to, pressure is on for boys’ varsity soccer team. They are four games into the season with two wins, a tie and one loss, but they continue to practice hard to get better.“We practice all the time,” senior Brandon Nunez said. “It really is like a full time job. We have practice Tuesday through Thursday, have games on Saturdays, then watch the videos and criticize our performance the following Monday.”The team’s first game started the season off on an optimistic note.

“Our first game was against Stony Point,” senior Sam Carlson said. “Everyone really just clicked together and worked really well as a team.”

As a captain, Carlson has had to step up his game leadership-wise because of the unusual number of young players.

“It has been really different,” Carlson said. “Older players have had to show a lot of leadership toward the younger members, but so far everything is going really well.”

The team has set a goal to win district and go on to playoffs.

“We have a title to uphold,” Carlson said. “It’s something we really have to fight for, it’s not just given to us.”