SAT Prep Resources

Photo courtesy of Khan Academy.
Photo courtesy of Khan Academy.

SAT testing is on Mar. 6 for juniors and Mar. 7 for seniors. SAT scores are important to show colleges one person’s strengths and college readiness apart from the rest. A score of 1210 or above is considered a “good” score to many colleges. There are lots of resources that will help with reaching a better score.

Khan Academy offers a free way to increase SAT scores with their Official Digital SAT Prep course. This course goes over all portions of the test which includes math, writing and reading. It’s also developed by CollegeBoard itself, proving its reliability.

A more expensive but trustworthy resource is The Princeton Review. One of the courses they offer is the Digital SAT and ACT Self-Paced program, with the starting price being $499. The course comes with 365 days of access, drills and practice questions, lesson videos and more. It’s expected for this lesson to increase an SAT score to 1400 or up by 150 points, depending on the starting score.

Magoosh self-paced SAT prep is less pricey with similar results. They guarantee at least a 100-point increase. It comes with lesson videos, practice questions and practice tests. The plan starts at $129, and online access remains for 12 months after purchase.