Lady Mavs Win Against Stony Point In Close Game.

Lady Mav, blocks the ball against Lady Raiders in the last quarter. It was intense, not knowing if the other girl was going to take the ball or not. But in the end we pulled threw, said Coach Moore.
Image by Amrin Madhani
Lady Mav, blocks the ball against Lady Raiders in the last quarter. “It was intense, not knowing if the other girl was going to take the ball or not. But in the end we pulled threw,” said Coach Moore.
After a tough and indecisive game, the Lady Mavs took the win against Stony Point with the end score of 63-60.The game began with an instant steal from the Lady Tigers followed with the counterattack of the Lady Mavs. As play heated up between the two teams, the score favored the Lady Mavs.The first quarter started off with Lady Mavs leading. As the game unfolded, the Lady Tigers were quick to steal the fame. They made their rebounds, giving the Lady Mavs a tough struggle. However, the Lady Mavs got leverage over the Lady Tigers because of fouls.Throughout the second quarter, the score stayed in balance, going back and forth with multiple lead changes.

After halftime, the Lady Mavs scored so many points they were ahead with twice as many as the Lady Tigers. The third quarter was productive for the Lady Mavs and flustered Stony Point.

With time running out, the Lady Tigers played more intensively. They had managed to catch up to the Lady Mavs but not in time to win. The final buzzer sounded signaling a Lady Maverick victory.