McNeil Loses To Stony Point, Drops To 2-10

The Mavs played their final road game Tuesday night against Stony Point in a back-and-forth low-scoring contest. The offense was able to score a bit early but then went cold, a common theme this season and the Stony Point offense did just enough to get the win.

The game started as a scoreless first, as McNeil couldn’t get a baserunner in the first inning, and despite having a runner on first, the Tigers left him stranded, making the score 0-0 going into the second. The Mavs this time got a baserunner in junior Xander Covar, and the bottom of the order knocked him in to take the 1-0 lead. Stony Point, however, got the run back immediately, as they were able to get a few hits and tie the game 1-1. That led to a string of consecutive innings where the Tigers scored, picking up a run in four straight innings, leading 4-1 in the sixth. The Mavs were able to get one more run in the sixth, but ultimately fell short as they lost 4-2.

With the only two games left being home games, the seniors will get to go out in their home ballpark. They have only two games left, so they’ll try to make the most of what’s remaining.