McNeil Loses Again To Round Rock, Record Now 2-9

With the season finale against Round Rock taking place Friday night at home, the Mavs tried to salvage what’s left of the season. They managed to hang with the Dragons for most of the game, leading them for a while, but eventually fell in the late innings.

The game started when Round Rock was able to scratch across a run in the first inning, giving them a 1-0 lead with some base hits. However, those runs were quickly gotten back, as the Mavs got their first three hitters on base, leading to a 1-1 score. Then sophomore Tyler Schwarz had a base hit down the third base line to score two more and give McNeil a 3-1 lead. That score would hold for a few more innings, until Round Rock broke through, scoring three runs in the fourth inning to take a 4-3 lead, one they wouldn’t look back from. They would extend the lead to 8-3 before McNeil scratched across one last run in a final effort, but ended up with the 8-4 loss.

With a record of 2-9, and already eliminated from playoffs, the Mavs will just hope to end their season with some wins. They have three games left, two against Stony Point, and one against Cedar Ridge, to hopefully end the season the way they wanted the entire year to go.