October Pep Rally Review

October Pep Rally Review
Image by Caroline Truong

Sitting in the bleachers, my ear drums were ripped to shreds by sounds that I could not even understand. That’s what I love about the pep rallies at our school. The pep rally of Oct. 20 was a good way to hype up Homecoming.

They started it off with the national anthem, then moved on to having a dance team dance for us, so far it was like any other pep rally. However, within each pep rally are a few things and dances/events that separate each pep rally from one another. Today’s show had a duo dance between students and teachers which I quite enjoyed. Seeing some of my teachers do a dance definitely put a smile on my face because it was really entertaining to watch their impressive dancing skills.

After the dance, they announced the homecoming court for each grade. It was fun to watch the freshmen cheer on their own to win, however, I do not agree with the court stuff, because why is someone who just came from middle school voted upon by so many students? Personally, I think they are too young to be a part of the homecoming court and it should be mostly sophomores and above.

They ended the show with two more dances from other dance teams. In the end, I would say the Pink dance team had the best dance, the movement was more modern and so was the music they picked, therefore it was more amusing to me and my friends. Overall, I would give this pep rally performance a 9/10.